Thursday, August 5, 2010

My heart yearns...for Basmati!

I have a craving for rice. See post below for information on my new eating patterns. Remember: carbs are NOT good. Therefore, this craving should also not be good. But, my nostrils are flaring. Someone here has just cooked the divine white grain and I WANT IT BAD!

Now for a review of my all-time, hands-down favorite rice aka Basmati…Rice (do I need to include rice on the end of that?) Please, let us forget nasty minute rice for just a minute.

Here is the Basmati:



Oh the delectable goodness! Oh how I want you!

Why is this blasted stuff so good?

1.) It has a wonderful aroma—like a middle-eastern or Indian marketplace. I do know what I’m talking about. But more on that later.
2.) It comes in a burlap sack. A BURLAP SACK for crying out loud!
3.) The grains are long!
4.) It is straight from India, hand-picked (is rice hand-picked? maybe harvested…), packed into that delightful burlap sack and freighted straight to me.

I give this rice a hearty helping of 10/10. My heart yearns.

In case you don’t believe me, buy a burlap sack of it at select Sam’s and Costco stores for roughly $10. Also, major grocery stores have extremely small packages of it, but it is more expensive and doesn’t come in said burlap sack, so I would steer clear.

Image from here.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy your blog, but not as much as my new favorite blog: adfetus.posterous.com

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online