Friday, August 6, 2010

Hungry? Why wait...

Ok… Just finished the Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins. Have you read them yet?

My thoughts: the first book was really strange up until about page 100. And then I got really attached to the characters and storyline. I also thought that the book was pretty much a violent version of Harry Potter? Is anyone with me on this or am I alone?

In comparison to other books I’ve read, I give the first book a 6.2/10. I give it a 10/10 if you’re looking for a quick and entertaining summer read.

Onto Catching Fire. I liked Catching Fire better than the Hunger Games. I was way more attached to the characters and the storyline because I was no longer weirded out.

So based on that reaction alone, I give it a solid 8/10.

Ok, ok. Now I’ll let the completely dorky (and more truthful) side of me out: I CAN’T WAIT for the third book to debut this month! Woot!

Take this review as you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online