Thursday, September 23, 2010

cook like a crook

So I recently watched Julie & Julia. Much to my surprise, I lurved it.  A lot.  From watching it, I realized I have had a lot of hobbies of mine slip through the cracks.  One of them being cooking.  Another being jigsaw puzzles (don't judge).  One other being drawing.

In an attempt to change this issue, I decided to devote one night a week to cooking. Cook something new, cook something different, and cook something 100% delicious.

My first attempt:

Alice Springs Chicken and an Awesome Blossom from the Outback with Oreo Cheesecake for dessert. I didn't take pictures, and I don't feel like rummaging for the recipes I used to create these absolutely divine morsels, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

Attempt #2:

Salsa.  My co-worker loaded me up with tomatoes from her garden.  Seeing that I rate eating plain, gut-squirting tomatoes at a very low number of .01/10, I decided to do something delicious with them.  Enter salsa recipe:

tomatoes
1 can diced chiles
3 green onions
garlic
2-3 dried chili/jalapeno peppers
fresh cilantro
2-3 T lemon juice
2-3 T olive oil
salt/pepper to taste

As you can see this is pretty general.  I got really spicy chiles, so I forewent the chile peppers.  Just dump and play with it until you have a mouthwatering concoction.






I give this salsa a 8.5/10.  Especially if you like hot, hot, hot.  Mmm.

Next up, I plan to take my taste buds on a trip to England (most people say that English food is gross, but I found a few things that were surprisingly delightful when I took a jolly-good visit there):

Cornish Pasties (Pahs-Tees)
Sally Lunn Buns
Trifle (or maybe good old Halloween sugar cookies, because I am sooo in the mood).

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online